Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, March 16, 2009

Scam Mail

This weekend I got one of those ridiculous scammer emails but normally I can tolerate the Nigerian prince one because, well, it's just silly. But this one was so wrong for so many reasons:

"Hello,

I hope my e-mail find you well. I need your assistance. My name is Sgt Joey Jones, I am an American soldier with the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment in IRAQ for the United States,we have $25,000,000.00, that is in our Possession and we are ready to move it out of the country.

The Money is part of the one we seized from late Saddam Hussein, but was not declared. My colleague and I need a good partner someone we can trust to actualize this Venture,but we are moving it through Diplomatic way to your house directly. Your share is 40% while 60% is for me and my colleague.

Sincerely,
Sgt Joey Jones.
sgtjon_jonse2@windowslive.com"

First of all, notice how he puts IRAQ in all caps like "In case you are skimming this email I am using the "I" word, yeah that's right, automatically you have to listen because I am in IRAQ." Also, I'm pretty sure "possession" is not a proper noun so I don't know why that's capitalized. Neither are "money", "venture" or "diplomatic" but I think we can already assume that whoever is writing this clearly is an idiot so I digress.

What really get me is not only is this obviously fake, but the fact that the creator a. made this person a soldier and b. made this person a crooked soldier stealing illegally seized money is pretty awful. Especially in these tough economic times where that imaginary money could actually go to some good, oh but no it can't because that money is STOLEN. But then again, I remind you, he is in IRAQ and it is in their Possession with a capital "P" so you know he means Business.

These people make me ill. But the kicker is, people actually fall for this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged