Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, October 13, 2008

True Love

I first heard this story about a boy and girl in Germany during WWII on Oprah a long time ago. The boy was in a death camp when a girl in the neighborhood began throwing him apples every day over the fence that separated them so he could have some nourishment. He was taken away eventually and he lost his family but survived the war.

Many years later in America, he was set up on a blind date with some Polish chick and over dinner they started talking about the war. Turns out she was the apple girl. They have been married for 50 years.

My first love was my kindergarten boyfriend, but he left me for some snotty girl in the other classroom. I switched schools in first grade and never saw him again. So one day 18 years later I'm bartending in Brooklyn and this guy walks in and we get into a conversation about where we grew up and wouldn't you know it- it was him. So miracles do happen. No, we did not get married but I did hit him over the head with an appletini for leaving me for that tramp.

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Yet. You didn't marry him yet.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

There's no point in marrying him anyway- nothing could trump that old couple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged