Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Where There's Smoke

Many years ago there was a very scary and serious fire at my camp when the cabin next door burned down. Ever since then, I am very sensitive to the "Bad Smell" of a fire, as opposed to the good smell of a fire like a wood burning stove or a bra.

So last night I woke up at 5:30 in the morning when I smelled the Bad Smell. My smoke detector hadn't gone off but I knew there must be a fire in the building or next door. So I got up, dressed and evacuated only to find, while I was the only one standing outside, that there was indeed a large fire about 5 blocks away. It was so thick I actually smelled it even though my window was closed. I kind of felt like an idiot but better safe than sorry.

And that's why they call me "The Nose". No, I'm just joking, no one calls me that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged