Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, March 17, 2008

A Very Special Story

At some point this weekend I ended up watching the entirety of the Amber Frey story on LMN, the Lifetime Movie Network. That is not to be confused with LGGN, the Lifetime Golden Girls Network or LMBBMN Lifetime Meredith Baxter-Birney Movies Network.

Anyway, it was actually really good. Here me out: the plot was predictable and formulaic. It starts with the trial, then the rest of the movie is her telling the story from start to finish in glorified "flashback" mode. But here's the kicker- the actress playing Amber Frey was actually really good. I mean, she took ridiculous dialogue and made it not so bad. And then there was the added subplot of her rocky relationship with the detective assigned to her. This hardened gumshoe didn't trust nobody, and he sure did remind her of that every two seconds. Over the course of the movie, he learns to trust her, and she learns a lot from him. Their friendship was real and true and by the end of the movie when she tells him she's pregnant again and she's nervous about what the public will think, he says, "I think they'll see what a strong woman you are," and she's all, "I think they'll laugh at me. You did," And he goes, "That's before I knew the real you. I think they'll see that." And they did.

The guy who played Scott Peterson was really creepy too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged