Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gee

There's something about the G train that makes me feel very competitive. I was leaving Williamsburg last night and was waiting on the platform for the G train. Maybe it's the Lorimer station in particular, but both sides are almost always invariably crowded with young people who have to go somewhere now. So you find yourself eying the other platform, waiting to see who's train arrives first. It becomes a competition. And as you watch more people slowly stream onto each of the platforms you listen intently to see if you can detect a train rumble. You get fidgety. I always have fantasies of my G coming, and when it does I gesticulate threateningly to the other side and scream, "In your FACE! In your goddamn face."

But last night just as my fantasies got even crazier, the G on the other side rolled into the station. And I felt humble. You were a worthy opponent, riders taking the G train in the Court Square direction. I tip my trucker hat to you.

Now there are clearly exceptions to my theory about the G train and it might only be isolated to the Lorimer station. I mean, everyone knows the Bedford Nostrand station makes you want to jump into that unused track in the middle. But every time I walk down those steps to the Smith and 9th Street bound G train, a hot wave of contention washes over me.

4 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Let me be the first person to add these two thoughts:

1) Williamsburg sucks.
2) The G Trains sucks.

There. Now I feel better.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

3) Hipsters suck.
4) But faux-hawks sometimes are totally awesome.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Okay,

5) Not my fault
6) Lynne, I don't know how I feel about that faux-hawk

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

I think it kicked ass, and I'll never do it again unless I have to. Sleeping on pommaded hair was one of the most disgusting experiences of my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged