Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Do I Still Have My Job?

Actual email conversation between me and my boss who is taping a financial show in a studio today and needs me to drop off something:

Me: Where is the studio? Maybe I can drop them off there

Bosslady: [number] and bway

Me: I'm going to [number] and 6th for dinner. You tape at 5, yes? Is there someone there I can drop it off with at around 5:45?

Bosslady: I will leave your name in case u want to come in otherwise, i will get it at the desk later. Thank you very much-i appreciate it

Me: OK but if they need me to make a cameo tell them I'll need to see hair and makeup first.

Bosslady: You could do just as well as i, im sure!!!

Me: Yeah, right; if that's true I've got some Home Depot to sell you.

Bosslady: Ouch.

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will they do my hair and makeup for dinner too?

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

I just spent an hour catching up on almost a full month of missed posts. I miss very few things about my old job. They are:
1) My paycheck
2) My coworker, Ramon
3) A regular well-paid forum in which to read Tempy.

Don't go to the museum of sex this weekend!! I want to go too, but I'm gone till Monday!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged