Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, July 23, 2007

Who Knew?

This weekend was great. I had an amazing time in the Hamptons with some really wonderful people, got to relax and I now have a slick tan.

Then I got home and went to pick up my dog from a friend's house. He was fine and happy to see me. We're walking around her house chatting, when all of a sudden, my dog collapses on the floor, convulsing and wailing. Somehow his front leg was hurt and he could not walk. After some serious thought and the assurance that lawyergirl would pick up any large tab (thanks again) as I was crying on the phone and the dog was crying on my couch, we hopped a car to Park Slope where there is an emergency clinic.

Long story short it looks like some kind of arthritis/osteocanineperosis or some crap like that. My dog got some sweet painkillers and now we're just waiting and seeing. But then the vet informed me that my dog, being part Bassett Hound, is actually a dwarf. No, listen, he suffers from real dwarfism. According to him, because my dog's head and torso are in proportion and his legs are freakishly short, he and breeds like his are really dog dwarfs, and because of that they are prone to bone problems.

After all this time, who knew. My dog is a dwarf. I'm going to sign him up with central casting so I can at least make some money during the holidays when Macy's needs elves. But on a serious note he was much better this morning. Then again, I'd be doing much better if I were on painkillers and laying on the couch.

9 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really want to thank me, you'll slip me that Special K the Vet gave my dwarf nephew.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger dancing at gunpoint said...

poor Jesse! i hope he gets better.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

You're sure Michael Vick was nowhere in Brooklyn this weekend, right?

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Dude. There was a guy who called when I was at the vet who said, "My dog has this wound and there are flies in it" Um...

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you thought you had problems... At least you get to register your kid with SAG

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Lord....can you imagine Tempy as a stage mom?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Damn...some people just aren't smart with their pets, are they?

And you wnnet to the Hamptons and missed me dancing at Jonah's? For shame.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Hamptons, Jonah's... Hamptons, Jonah's... no offense, Jonah. Happy birthday!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Jesse. I am sure he'll be fine, though. Dogs, unlike people, usually don't use dwarfism to get on Howard Stern.
(I don't know, its early and I haven't had any coffee yet.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged