Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, June 29, 2007

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Have you guys heard of The Secret? It's this new stupid fad self help cult DVD that makes all your dreams come true.

Take Amanda, 25:
"She spent a night diagramming what she wanted in her life, using a piece of paper and a Sharpie pen: happiness, security, freedom; good relationships with her friends and family; fitness and health goals; less stress -- and in one corner, she wrote that she wanted her $50,000 loan by the next day at 3 p.m. She made a call to her banker the next morning: no news. But by 3 o'clock, the mail arrived, containing a letter saying she could call to get the funds transferred into her account."

A miracle? Or just a scheduled bank transaction? You decide.

Me, I'll sit here and diagram with my sharpie a vision of me leaving work a whopping 10 minutes early. If I get $50,000 transferred into my account, I'll let you all know.

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

not to mention, that's not money. that's a loan. Or a liability as we like to call it in the accounting world. I don't call that great fortune, I call it 10 more years in debt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged