Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, May 14, 2007

Guuuuuuuuuuh

I got this letter in my email account from this imaginary British prick named "Mr. Douglas Sheneman" with some scam about finding a "dormant" account, and can he "put the money in my name". I have edited the letter to give you the gist but I have also italicized the spelling errors:

"Hello,

...In one of our peroidic auditing I discorverd a dormant accounts ... due to his possition he did not want to take active part but as soon as you follow my instructions everything will be successfull because we will be woking hand in hand ... to assist the less privelaged in the society ...give you 35% for your coporation,5% will be..."

Here's the best part:

"You should send me Your account information as states below where you like the money to be transfer so that i can send application for the release of the fund immediatelly with your account information."

He then asks for all of your bank info.

So the question is, who do you think the author of this email most looks like?

This:

Or this:

10 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

The scary thing is that people fall for this shit ON A REGULAR BASIS.

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...none of the above? Don't forget that most idiots look just like you and me. Well, not YOU and ME, but you know...

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

guuuuuuhh derb derb deeeeerrrrrr. guuuuuuhhhhhhhh idiot.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't referring to you either, Lynne. I'm conveiently excluding regular Tempy contributors from the 'most idiots' category. Regular. Heh, heh.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

muuuuuuuuuuuuh I like chocopuffs buuuuuuuuh

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger bklynturtle said...

This is to funny. Ivan's brother AND sister (on separate occasions) fell for this. I guess Ivan got the smart genes.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

No... really? Both of them fell for it?

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty sad. I think I saw something on NBC News or Dateline or something warning against this type of thing. I figured by the time it got to network news, the better part of the world was aware. I had been feeling left out until I finally got one a month or so ago. Promptly marked it as 'spam' and deleted it. Cuz I'm smart...like rocks!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Come on. Like any of you would have fallen for this.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My guess is, the gentleman in question looks a bit more like THIS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged