Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Don't Let The Cat In The Bag

So I'm watching my neighbor's cat while she's away, and by "watch" I mean "see if she has enough food, pat her on the head and leave before my allergies start acting up". No, I'm sorry, there are some cats I am not allergic to at all and some that if I even think about them my eyes swell shut. This is one of them.

She's been on a hunger strike for a few days because every time I go in there she hasn't touched her wet food which is great for the ever-growing mass of fruit flies, and her dry food is barely nibbled at. A few days ago I did away with the wet food for general environmental health purposes and gave her a big, heaping bowl of dry food. So it seemed perfectly fine for me to skip a day because I had a busy weekend. Boy, was that a bad idea.

I go in last night after I came home to find that not only is the hunger strike over but the binging is in. That little bitch had eaten an entire bowl of dry food and when that didn't satiate her hunger she knocked the whole bag of dry food off the table and it was clear it had been played with/dragged around/possibly slept in. And in the middle of it all was one pissed kitty. Well I learned my lesson. I gave her wet food, patted her on the head a little longer than usual and left. Let's hope that today she'll feel better. I'm just not looking forward to having to clean out the kitty litter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged