Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, December 29, 2006

What Jon Quinn is Missing

I have a lot of respect for office culture, don't get me wrong, it's just different. Jon Quinn's company may have a front desk receptionist, but he doesn't see her. And I've noticed that when one walks by front desk reception, one says something to cut the awkward, "Just walking by..." moment. Boyd knows what I'm talking about; usually a "hello" will suffice. So Jon, next time you find yourself in an office doing the "walk by", try one of these comments (I've heard these all today):

"Hello"
"Good Morning"
"Just me..."
"Hey"
" (nothing, just an understanding eye roll with a half smile)"
"Chilly in here"
"Holding up?"
"Want a coffee?"
"Watch out for this guy! (point enthusiastically to random co-worker)"

So Jon, that's one of the many things you are missing out on by having to work from home, alone, in your underwear. With access to Gmail. And Myspace.

You must be soooooooo jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged